For the third year in a row, the Swedish Institute in Paris and Institut français de Suède call for applications for the residence Eva De la Gardie (first woman elected to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences) in Paris from November 2nd to 29th 2018 (firm dates). This new call comes after 2016 and 2017 editions which rewarded respectively Lena Maria Nilsson, doctor in medical science at Umeå University and Ulf Johansson, curator of birds at the National Museum for Natural History in Stockholm.
Applications for 2018 edition have to be included in one of the thematic of the French-Swedish partnership on innovation and green solutions, signed in November 2017 by President Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister Stefan Löfven. All fields of sciences are included (fundamental, experimental, hard or technologic, humanities and social sciences) and shall profitably have an interdisciplinary approach for the following themes:
- Transports, clean energies and smart cities
- Green finance
- Digitalization and smart industry
- Health and life sciences
For more information about the partnership:
Eva De la Gardie’s residence is open to anyone:
- holding a PhD
- exercising a research activity in a Swedish institution (university, research institute…), with no condition on nationality
- having a research project in relation with France, or who already have contacts in France
Eva De la Gardie’s residence consists in:
- Provision of accommodation, for the fixed duration of 28 days from November 2nd to 29th, by the Swedish Institute in Paris. The accommodation consists in a full equipped studio with two beds inside the Hôtel de Marle, located in Le Marais (http://si.se/utlysningar/gastbostad-pa-si-paris/).
- the French Institute grants 1500€ for transportation from Sweden and in France and for daily expenses
- must fill a form to describe their research project and explain in detail the contacts (organisms, teams, individuals) they have and/or wish to develop in France.
- will have to write a report resuming his visit in France at the end of his journey
- may be solicited by the French and Swedish institutes for actions to promote scientific and technical culture (public conference, interview…).
2016 and 2017 laureates:
Lena Maria Nilsson
Ulf Johansson (link with interview to come)
Closing of candidatures: April 8th 2018
The application must be filled in English on our online form.
The results will be communicated at the latest the 23rd of April 2018.
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.